As a broad and expansive field, building automation offers tremendous potential, particularly when it comes to providing water, for example, improving hygiene monitoring or facility management – especially in public or commercial buildings. To make the information relevant to this available, the experts at adesso set up an IoT cloud for SCHELL GmbH & Co. KG Armaturen to monitor plumbing fittings and hygiene status.
IoT cloud for digital services via networked plumbing fittings
Fulfilling safety and hygiene-related requirements: The integrated IoT cloud environment enables SCHELL customers to do things such as monitor and document the execution of required hygiene flushes in order to meet their own documentation requirements.
Expanding the portfolio with the addition of digital services: In addition to hygiene monitoring, the data that is collected is used for other services, such as detecting defects, anomalies in water consumption and the need for maintenance. This data is made available to clients, for example, in the form of monthly reports.
Remote configuration and support: Remote maintenance can already be carried out via the IoT solution while the water management system is being commissioned. Settings and configurations can be controlled centrally and are therefore easy to manage even with a large number of buildings.
- To safeguard and document water hygiene in buildings
- To expand the portfolio with the addition of digital services
- To improve hygiene monitoring, facility management; fulfil the documentation requirements regarding hygiene flushing; provide usage statistics, maintenance data and reports
- To optimise commissioning and maintenance
- Central collection and evaluation of locally generated data
- Option to remotely configure systems
- Creation of digital facility management services through to fulfilment of documentation requirements regarding hygiene flushing
- IoT platform as the basis
- Implementation of the target architecture on Microsoft Azure
- Angular as the frontend technology
- Functional and technical solution design
- Agile cloud development
- Operating and further developing the IoT cloud solution
Today, SCHELL GmbH & Co. KG Armaturen is in its third generation of producing innovative and high-quality fittings for building services. Since 1932, SCHELL’s products have been geared toward installation specialists, planners and architecture firms, but also the owners of the building project themselves.
Its high-end range of products has been expanded to include digital added-value services to underscore how keen the company and its 450 employees are to innovate.
SCHELL teamed up with us to develop a smart water management system that continuously transmits usage data to a cloud via networked SCHELL plumbing fittings to ensure the safety and hygiene of drinking water in the water network.
Do you have any questions?
There is no website or brochure which can replace a personal meeting to talk about your goals and topics. We are looking forward to an appointment on site.