At this year’s digital day on 2 June in Düsseldorf, the IT service provider plans to tackle one of the most pressing matters today: sustainability. Every item on the agenda will focus on the topic of sustainability and take a closer look at how it affects businesses’ efforts to live up to their responsibility for future generations. adesso, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this month, will explore the sustainability aspects of its own industry by examining green IT, green software development and an approach to using cloud technologies that is designed to save resources. The IT service provider is a recent recipient of the prestigious 2022 Lünendonk B2B Service Award for outstanding performance and supports businesses from a variety of sectors on their path towards a more sustainable IT and business world.
Attendees at digital day 2022, with its theme “Sustainability & Responsibility”, can look forward to the following exciting guest speakers and topics, along with so much more:
- Dr Uwe Heckert, Managing Director of Philips GmbH and Market Leader Philips DACH, will talk about “Sustainability in IT”.
- Dorothée Appel, CIO of ABN Amro, is scheduled to deliver a report on “Sustainability in IT – Beyond Buzzwords”. In addition to her own experience in making sustainable IT a reality, Appel will also discuss IT ethics and leadership strategies.
- Stella Engels, Product Owner at Gothaer Allgemeine Versicherung AG, will join Miriam Ohrmann, Account Manager at adesso, to explore how SmartShore is taking digital sales at Gothaer to the next level.
- Udo Eberhardt, Product Owner Data and Digital Platform at RWE Generation SE, and Michael Wallenczus, Consultant at adesso, will provide insights into their strategic partnership for creating a data and digitalisation platform in a presentation entitled “More Data, More Power, More Business”.
- Katrin Henschel, Head of Data & Analytics at ElringKlinger AG, and Andreas Eufinger, Consultant at adesso, are scheduled to enlighten attendees in a session called “My Company at a Glance – How SAP Makes Innovative and Modern Business Management a Success”.
- Kevin Schwarz, Strategy and Corporate Development Manager at DEW21 Dortmunder Energie- und Wasserversorgung GmbH, and Paul Dittrich, CEO of urban energy GmbH, will examine the topic “Intelligent Energy and CO2 Management for Real Estate and Businesses”.
- Sören Jucikas, Product Owner of Connected Cars Product Development at Zurich Group Germany, will join Ralf Pispers, Managing Director of adesso experience GmbH, in a discussion of “Automation and Hyperpersonalisation for an Optimum Customer Claims Experience”.
- Matthias Eberle, Microsoft and Mobile Services Group Leader at Union IT-Services GmbH, will team up with Thomas Bayer and Lena Schürheck from adesso for a speech entitled “Cloud Is More Than Just Infrastructure – How Union Investment Is Strategically Joining the Cloud”.
In his keynote address entitled “Our Frenzied Future – How Silicon Valley Controls the Destiny of the Human Race”, famed TV journalist Claus Kleber will address the societal implications of IT and discuss his latest report, which examines the development and impact of the tech trends from the US. Kleber is particularly interested in the significance of modern technology for humankind and argues that “engineers and venture capitalists should not have the final say about technical developments that change our society as a whole”.