In successive steps, EAA is taking control of all the relevant documents relating to the portfolio that is to be wound up. A large number of business-relevant files and documents need to be made accessible to employees of EAA and Portigon AG in one central location.
The solution had to be able to handle a number of particular challenges:
- Effective, joint access to all documents.
- Documents must be located quickly when required.
- Archiving must be audit-compliant.
- Document-based workflows must be supported.
- Seamless integration into the existing Microsoft Office 2007 and Lotus Notes IT environment.
To meet these requirements, adesso proposed a fixed-price, customised solution based on Microsoft SharePoint Server. A detailed specification phase was conducted jointly with the customer. This was followed by the development of a detailed concept after which adesso implemented the system. The system brings many benefits to EAA:
- Company-wide transparency: All authorised users can view the documents they need at any time. A ‘single point of truth’ is provided, which users access via a full-text search based on OCR functions.
- Improved basis for cross-company decisions: The introduction of a ‘single point of truth’ for all documents combined with the partial automation of decision-making processes using workflows simplifies day-to-day business.
- Monitoring and improved SLA conformity: The integration of an external reporting/tracking system makes it possible to measure the service partner’s performance regarding document delivery against defined service level agreements (SLAs).
- Improved compliance: Audit-compliant archiving means that decisions and actions are documented and tracked automatically. This improves business management, risk management and compliance with regulatory requirements.