Press Releases

Dortmund/Neumünster |

adesso acquires majority shareholding in management systems GmbH

The IT service provider adesso has acquired a 90 percent stake in management systems GmbH, Neumünster, a leading provider of IT solutions to the German Associations of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (kassenärztlichen Vereinigungen). This investment further expands adesso’s portfolio in its Health division.

management systems (ms) is a software company that has been successfully developing billing systems used by the majority of the German Associations of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (kassenärztlichen Vereinigungen – KVs) for more than three decades. Its best known product is the KVAI core system, which includes the full range of business processes, from master data management to billing and the calculation of fees for doctors under contract with the statutory health insurers. Other products in the KV segment, such as requirement planning, the practice finder and doctor information, round out the product portfolio, which is developed and supported by 70 employees at management systems.

The purchase contract will result in adesso acquiring 90 percent of management systems GmbH. The current managing partner Dr Jens Finnern will retain a 10 percent stake in the company, which he will continue to lead as Managing Director. In addition to his role as Managing Director of management systems, Finnern will also take a leading role in adesso’s Health division in the future, contributing his network of contacts and extensive industry knowledge.

Andreas Prenneis, member of adesso’s Executive Board with responsibility for this sector, explains the synergies the investment promises: “The health industry, which includes the German Associations of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (kassenärztlichen Vereinigungen), has been a mainstay of adesso’s business for a number of years. We are also a service partner to numerous health insurers and their service providers, and support the health insurers’ medical services and companies in the area of life sciences in an advisory capacity. That overlap in customers and subject matter make management systems’ portfolio and team a perfect fit for the adesso Group.”

Dr. Jens Finnern, management systems GmbH, and adesso Executive Board member Christoph Junge (right) look forward to the cooperation after signing the contract (Copyright: adesso)

management systems is currently planning to modernise its KVAI core system. It will be transferred to a new platform and will be offered to the German Associations of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (kassenärztlichen Vereinigungen) under the name KVAI Pro. Jens Finnern, Managing Director of management systems comments: “With its many years’ experience in the health and IT sectors, adesso is an ideal partner for the successful implementation of an ambitious major project like KVAI Pro. The support of this industry player puts us in a very strong position.”

management systems is headquartered in Neumünster, near Kiel, Germany, and has been active in the IT sector since 1987. Before the takeover, the investment company Sauer Finance Holding GmbH owned a 75 percent stake in the company, while managing partner Dr Jens Finnern held the remaining 25 percent. Following the acquisition by adesso the company will take the form of an affiliated company under the umbrella of the adesso Group.

Press service

Materials for media reports

With our press service, we provide you with various materials that complement our corporate news or serve as background information.

To the press service

Do you have any questions?

Do you have any questions about our press service or a specific request? Please contact us.

PR Agency
Sendlinger-Tor-Platz 6
80336 Munich

Christina Haslbeck

Melissa Gemmrich


Save this page. Remove this page.